Social Media and Blogging Are In For Medicine
- Posted on: Feb 9 2016
In addition to patient acquisition and patient referrals, social media and blogging have become popular for search engine optimization to leverage your practice website into higher ranking positions and to control more Internet real estate. While blogging offers the greatest opportunity to enhance patient education and optimize a website, social media has been the most recent wave in marketing and advertising for bariatric surgeons, including: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pintrest and LinkedIn. Let’s take a closer recap of some of the most popular options
- LinkedIn offers a means to build on business relationships.
- Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Pintrest offer ways to build on relationships with current clients, obtain new clients and offer a means to receive positive feedback about products and services.
- Social media outlets mentioned above can be linked to your blog for more meaningful patient education and to optimize your website.
- Blogs are linked to your website to act as the fuel that powers your site in higher ranked positions. Blog stories may also appear independently on the Internet for select search results, allowing your practice to control more Internet Real Estate.
- Some Social Networks offer a physician locator tool where your practice can be listed for patient acquisition.
The Target Audience
Of course, you’ll want to understand the target audience, as follows.
- Facebook users are typically between 18-35 years of age and the most active Facebook users are single mothers.
- Ninety-seven percent of Pintrest Facebook page users are women and Pintrest drives more referral traffic than Google Plus, Linkedin and You Tube combined.
- Support forums help prospective patients release social pressures and lifestyle struggles by offering a means to connect with others that have the prospective patient’s specific condition. In this way, these types of patients may be able to receive support to help set reasonable expectations for the outcome of the procedure they are interested in and ongoing support helps to reach their goals.
Posted in: Creating New Profit Centers, Uncategorized